Saturday, January 24, 2015

These Programs Do Matter

Big shout out to Vans Custom Culture for their grant contribution to the art program at Seneca High School in Seneca, SC via Americans for the Arts! THANK YOU! The school can now get a new clay kiln. As an alumni, I can't express how valuable the art program at SHS. It opens the eyes of students to a world that's much bigger than the small town in which they dwell. 

Despite the views of some, art is extremely important to our culture and world. Everything you touch had to first be designed by someone. (Even if it's not an object you'd consider to be art). Keep that in mind. Personally, art afforded me opportunities to go places I otherwise would've never gone, see things I would've never seen, do things I never would've done, and learn things that can only be learned through the hands on experience of the creative process. Many valuable life lessons learned via my art education--things you don't learn from math and history. I'm in no way saying that art education is more important than core academic education. I am saying that it's just as important and all work together to produce more intelligent, caring, intentional,and well-rounded human beings. Remember this during election time. I digress...

So, if you need some new kicks, please buy yourself a pair of Vans. Give them your business. We support businesses that support the arts. ‪#‎haveaheartforthearts

No comments:

Post a Comment