Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fried Mudslide Over to the Fun Side

Happy Saturday night! So, I've basically spent the last free day of my vacation being uber-lazy. I thought, maybe I should post something before I start the laundry and cleaning fest and taking the time to figure out how to work this DVR thing. (Yeah, I'm late but I never wanted to pay extra for anything unnecessary. I'm a cheapo. I wait until things are free. You'll realize this sooner or later.) 

I digress. In my laziness I was thinking, a fried mudslide would be good right now. Though, I'm not having one tonight, doesn't mean I can't share the recipe with you! You can have a good night, too. Yes, I spread the happy. You're welcome. And no you don't actually "fry" anything per se; though you could should you choose to do a stove top method on the tortillas rather than using the oven. It's a combo of 2 of my fav desserts--fried ice cream and obviously a mudslide. The measurements aren't exact, you're just going to have to eyeball it like I do. (I did mention it was lazy Saturday didn't I?)


Fried Mudslide (1 share-able portion)

1-2 cinnamon tortillas to garnish (recipe to follow)
2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1 tbsp Kahlua
1/2 tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
Hershey's chocolate syrup
heavy whipped topping
corn flakes
sprinkling of cinnamon sugar

Blend the ice cream, Kahlua, & Bailey's Irish Cream to milkshake consistency. In a glass, drizzle chocolate syrup on the bottom. Add the ice cream/liqueur mixture. Top with whipped cream. Toss the cornflakes with cinnamon sugar and top the whipped cream with this.Garnish with cinnamon tortillas. Doesn't hurt to drizzle a little more syrup here. Make it all pretty and stuff.  

Cinnamon Tortillas

flour tortillas (makes as many as you feel like making)
butter melted
cinnamon
sugar

Preheat the oven to about 325 degrees. Cut the tortillas into any shape you'd like-strips, wedges, or fancy whatnots. Coat both sides of the tortillas in melted butter. Sprinkle both sides with cinnamon sugar. Bake until light golden brown and crisp. It should bubble up a bit. You're going to want to line this pan because this will leave a syrupy residue behind. Be sure to let them cool before enjoying them with your mudslide or fruit salsa.

Now here's the part where I sound like a commercial. Though there is very little alcohol in this, I can't control how much you pour in. So....."drink responsibly."

Good stuff? Yep. I thought so.

-Until again-

2 comments:

  1. That sounds utterly delicious!!!!Can't wait to try these recipes! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS utterly delicious. Thanks so much Shantae for providing FTFC's very first comment! Be sure to let us know how it turns out when you try it! Thanks!

      Delete