Sunday, January 6, 2013

WNOK Bridal Expo

my favorite dress of the night is in the middle WITH STRAPS
cute clutches
 First off, NO I'm not getting married. In fact, I'm not even helping anyone to plan a wedding. I just went to the WNOK Bridal Expo because I was invited by my friend, "Yvonne". Just for kicks. Those of you who really know me, probably think it's incredible that I would even set foot in such a place. This event was held at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center of Columbia, SC this afternoon. There were some pretty things that caught my eye. Now, I realized when I got there that my camera wasn't in my purse. So, you're getting phone pics, and they aren't exactly the best. I didn't take a lot of pictures. But here's my recap of what I saw and tasted. 



 My favorite display dress of the afternoon goes to Elegant Bridals of Augusta, GA. Those ladies were very nice as well. I have no idea who this vintage looking lace dress is by (I wish I'd taken a better picture) but it's just my style. I'm not a fan of strapless dresses (with good reason). I love it. I wish more brides demanded straps. It came with a cute little hair piece too if you wanted. You can visit the lovely folks of Elegant Bridal at www.elegantbridals.com according to their business card.
table setting

table setting
another cute clutch
 Though I didn't snap a photo of them, the cake samples at the Carrier Cakes booth were wonderful. I give them the "best cake of the expo award". They says it's their "signature flavor--white cake with strawberry cream filling and vanilla butter cream icing." I do declare my slice was yummy-scrummy-umptious. It was a subtly sweet moisture party in my mouth. I can't say this for the other cake samples of other vendors. (Wouldn't it be smart to taste your samples before releasing dry awfulness to the public when you're trying to get business?) Anyway, Mr. Carrier, you've got my vote and I hope to taste your work at future events I attend. You can visit their site at www.carriercakes.com.

There were plenty of photographers in the building to say the least. If you're looking for a photographer in the midlands for any occasion, I suggest you give Calico Photography a try. Nice photographer. Stunning work. Totally worth it. Check her out at www.calico-photography.com.

I had the opportunity to taste a few items the catering vendors put out to sample as well. I'm opting not to name any businesses here. Besides cake and cupcakes, we had cheese balls, bread, bruschetta, fruit, etc. You know, you're normal wedding items. (There was much more available, but everything didn't appear worth grabbing or I was familiar with the vendor and decided to pass. No joke.) I found it odd that there were BBQ sandwiches (which were indeed tasty) from one vendor. Another vendor passed out fried bologna sandwiches. Now, I'm no caterer, but if I'm going to a BRIDAL expo, bologna wouldn't be my first thought to showcase my menu.  I can't hate on the man, he certainly had a line of people waiting to try it. But please, if you're serving fried bologna, please don't bother inviting me to your wedding reception. I will say, I haven't had bologna in some ten years--at least-- it wasn't half bad. 

All in all, I enjoyed myself and am glad for the invitation to go. 
-Until again-


lovely necklace also on display at the Elegant Bridals booth

No comments:

Post a Comment