Friday, January 4, 2013

Wrapped Around My Heart Veggie Wraps

Some time ago I attempted to recreate a veggie wrap I had at a conference. This is the end result-close enough. They're pretty tasty, even if you're a meat lover like myself. If you put them in a room full of people, you probably won't have any left. I'm just saying. So if you dared to start your year on a diet, or a variation of a Daniel Fast, or are just plain vegetarian-- here's a lunch idea for you today. It's pretty easy.


Veggie Wraps

Just got to the deli and get a pack of Mission Garden Spinach Herb wraps. Stuff them with:
Reese quartered marinated artichoke hearts (comes in a jar) 
fresh baby spinach leaves 
match stick carrots 
fresh sliced red and yellow bell peppers 
and fresh avocado  

You can add cheddar cheese if you fancy it, but it's fine without it.

You can take out what you don't like and add whatever you do like. 
(I'm sure someone will say "Where's the tomato?" to which I say "Not on my watch.")
Wrap it up like a burrito. Slice it in half. We served it with creamy poppy-seed dressing (Brianna's is good. So is Marzetti's.  I'm told Kraft is good too but haven't tried it. But I gotta say, I'm still searching for the perfect poppy-seed dressing. This just might be a recipe project in the future.) 

Easy breezy, pass them pleasy. Right?

Side note: Should you find that you have more veggie ingredients than wraps (and you probably will), this filling also makes a decent salad to which I would add a boiled egg, bacon crumbles, and croutons.

-Until again-

No comments:

Post a Comment